Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

April 12, 2012

Crock pot Chicken enchiladas

I wanted to make a no-think dinner tonight because of the million things I had going on. I found a recipe for chicken enchiladas, but I soon realized I was missing some of the ingredients. I also didn't feel like digging out my pyrex dish, so I used my crock pot (again, so I didn't have to think). I rummaged through the pantry and improvised. This is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 4-oz can diced green chilis
2 TB cornstarch
Corn tortillas
Shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
In the crock pot, put cream of mushroom soup, enchilada sauce, diced green chilis, and cubed chicken. Put crockpot on high, and let it cook 3-4 hours.

When ready to serve, take cornstarch in a small bowl and mix with a small amount of liquid (water or liquid from the crockpot). Put wet cornstarch mixture in the crockpot and stir to thicken. In the meantime, heat up tortillas in a skillet pan. I used the uncooked corn tortillas. Once warmed, cut into strips and place in a serving bowl. From the crockpot, spoon enough to cover the tortilla strips and add cheese on top. I served with corn that I mixed into the chicken enchiladas.

No comments: