Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

September 18, 2011




One of the cool things about our yard is all the creatures we attract. Based on my previous post, clearly mice and rats are included. We have these hummingbirds that duke it out every year laying claim on our backyard...whether it be the salvia bushes or the feeder we have up. It's pretty entertaining watching them chase one another and cuss each other out in the process. They all have their own branches they perch upon while waiting to ambush any trespassers.

It's also pretty amazing seeing how brave they are. Even if I approach the feeder, I hear them throwing slurs at me from the trees. When I sit outside on my patio table, which is literally next to a salvia bush and their feeder, they approach it as if I'm just another fixture in the yard. Apparently, I have become one of their own...a sort of Dancing with the Wolves, if you will...only it's me Hanging with the Hummingbirds.

No comments: