Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

April 12, 2014

happy place...



As my kids get older, and I along with them, I realize there are a few places that make me really happy. The ocean, the mountains, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium top the list. I can really feel at peace there. There is something euphoric about watching jellies pulse through the water or a mola mola gently flapping its fins as it glides through the water. I can daydream, or maybe it's just spacing out, while watching. I notice my kids get the same way. I mean most of the time they're spazzing out with excitement because something cool swam by, but I also catch moments of calm.

After a couple years, we decided to renew our membership. I didn't realize how much I missed this place until I was recently there with my 4th graders for a field trip. I knew I had to return with my kids, and make it our special place we spend time at. I'm looking forward to "spacing out" more often and really hoping to catch more of those small glimpses of contentment in my children.

No comments: