Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

November 27, 2011

pumpkin spiced cheesecake loaf...



The day before Thanksgiving was my mom's first night in her new home. I am so thrilled that she now lived minutes from me (and I literally mean minutes...like 2). Knowing she had lots of unpacking to do, I thought I'd make her a pumpkin cheesecake loaf and deliver it with some freshly brewed coffee.

So I really got the idea of the pumpkin cheesecake loaf from my favorite coffee shop, Peet's Coffee & Tea. It seems like that is my go to pastry...except I started thinking about the fact that I pay $2.25 for a 1 inch slice of that delicious yumminess. That, along with my $4 medium nonfat vanilla latte with light foam is getting a little pricey every time I go in. So, the wheels started turning, and I figured out how easy it is to make this delight.

Of course, I wanted to share it with you, too!!!

Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake Loaf

Ingredients (loaf):
  • 1 can pumpkin puree
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1-1/4 cup AP flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp cloves
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Ingredients (Cheesecake filling):

  • 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
  • Place eggs, sugar, honey, and oil in a mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium for 5 minutes.
  • Add pumpkin puree.
  • Slowly add dry ingredients until combined.
  • Pour the mixture into a well greased loaf pan (I like to use Pam with Butter and Flour for Baking).
  • Clean mixing bowl to make the cream cheese filling.
  • Add the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
  • Add egg until combined. This may take a few minutes.
  • Pour the cream cheese filling into the loaf pan on top of the pumpkin batter. With a spoon, gently move the cream cheese filling around the pumpkin batter. Do not mix too much.
  • Place in oven and bake for about about 40 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's done. You may need to bake longer if there is batter still on the toothpick.

Once done, let it cool before serving. Enjoy with coffee, tea, or in my case a nonfat vanilla latte with light foam!

No comments: