Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

February 18, 2010

balsamic reduction...

Yesterday I spent a few hours making sweet heaven on my stove...a balsamic reduction. I had it recently at a friends, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. So, I bit the bullet and made some. I took it and drizzled it over some toasted bread, roma tomatoes, fresh basil, and mozzarella. Just writing about it is making my mouth water. You truly cannot fully appreciate the sweet yumminess unless you've tried it. I used a giant bottle of balsamic vinegar, added some brown sugar and simmered it until it was cut more than in half...leaving an almost syrup. I probably could've let it go longer to make a serious syrup, but I just couldn't wait. I have two small jars of it, and when used, I literally want to lick the remains off the plate. Yes, it's that good. A friend recommended it over vanilla ice cream...hmmm, I think I have my midnight snack set.

No comments: