Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

February 7, 2010

wrap it...


Today was a wild, crazy day...basically setting up for tomorrow's wild, craziness. Super Bowl Sunday is a day for family to get together while the men watch the game, and the women chat and wait for the commercials and half-time shows. We usually invite Omi and Opa over for a mellow-er get together. It's also my chance to try making something new. Today, I made these asian lettuce wraps, and OMG, they were soooo yummy. I got the recipe from a friend, and I've been waiting to make them. The craziness part is that we are getting new appliances delivered tomorrow, so we had to prep our kitchen for tomorrow. We moved the fridge out to the garage, which was a feat in itself (trying to empty it all out and then refill it). We also took out the old dishwasher. It was a little cluttered moving around he kitchen today, but the end result with these wraps and family to help enjoy it was worth all the craziness today.

By the way, I had this great reminder of why I'm doing this project. I may (or may not have) stated previously, that one of the gut-wrenching things I had to do to become a happier person was get rid of so called toxic people in my life. While flipping through the channels today, I came across a movie I love..."Mean Girls." So, Lindsey Lohan's character has this great line in the movie. She says, "When you get bit by a snake, you're got to suck the poison out. That's what I had to do...suck all the poison out of my life." Wow! What a great reminder for me that helps eliminate some of the guilt.

No comments: