Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

February 20, 2010

supercross time...


Before you start getting all, "Ahhhh, that's cool," and "Did you really do that?" I have to tell you that I did do it, but I didn't come up with the idea. I have to thank Family Fun magazine for this one. My mom made a similar cake for Connor's birthday last year, but when Connor saw this one, he really wanted me to make it. It just so happens that we were invited to a Supercross BBQ tonight since it will be broadcast live. So, I woke up this morning, baked off the cakes, went to the kids' basketball games (where Connor did AMAZING...making the first basket, and then another later in the game), came home and finished assembling and decorating. Ever since we got our new kitchen appliances (note: not all installed yet), I've been in a cooking mood. Making this cake just made sense. It's been a great day, and I think it's only going to get better!

No comments: