Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

January 8, 2010

arriba tequila...


A girlfriend of mine surprised me this morning with the most adorable snowman box and inside was the bottle of my dreams! Let me take you back and explain a little more. Another friend of ours makes the best margaritas. She let me on her secret...she adds a splash of almond tequila. The only thing was this...she only uses a particular brand of almond tequila. Go figure they don't sell it in the U.S. The only bottle I was able to find online was $50, and I wasn't about to spend that. I tried amaretto, but trust me, it wasn't the same.

I got wind that a friend was heading to Puerta Vallarta for her sister's wedding. I begged and pleaded for her to bring me back of bottle if she could find it there. When she returned, she gave me the news that she was unable to find it, and had heard that the company who made it had shut down. I was bummed, but obviously appreciative that she searched for it while on her vacation.

Then, she sent me an email yesterday with the best story. Apparently, after she returned from her vacation, her parents stayed a little longer. Knowing that she was on this search for almond tequila, they took it upon themselves to go out tequila tasting and brought back a bottle of almond tequila for me. I can't tell you how grateful I am...I haven't even met her parents, yet they did this kind act. (I'm sure they had a blast searching, too). This was my happy moment today...my moment of gratitude that reminded me of the great people I have in my life, even ones I have yet to meet! Thanks Erica, you're the best!!!

No comments: