Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

January 11, 2010

foil man...

There were so many cool things going on today that ended up balancing the not-so-good things. Well, actually, the only bad thing was my son ended up getting sick. Remarkably, my project must be helping because I wasn't near as stressed out about him not feeling well as I have in the past. Does that make me a bad mom?!?!?!??!

Anyhoo, the day started with my formal observation by my Principal. I did this really cool lesson on making and revising predictions (blah, blah, blah...right?). My kids were super awesome and well behaved, and I went into the lesson feeling totally calm and collected. **Usually, I'm a total stress case before an observation!

Next, came these awesome foil dudes that my students created. I have to start by saying that I had absolutely nothing to do with this project. Our amazing art teacher, Mrs. Pfeiffer, came in to do it with the kids today. I was busy getting some emergency sub plans ready just in case Connor didn't feel better, when I looked over and saw the awesome projects the kids were doing. I was floored at how creative they were and the imagination that came through on these.

Later in the afternoon we had this street beat assembly with two guys who built percussion instruments using recycled products, such as 5 gallon plastic paint buckets, garbage cans, an old tire center, and even some pots, pans, and an old metal dog bowl. these guys carried an awesome beat, but I wish they could've played more. they even did a little beat boxing.

Today was just a great day all around. I'm off to go read to my kids, something we love doing every evening.

No comments: