Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

January 18, 2010

by my side...


The past four days I've been molding my body to the mattress of my bed wondering if I'd ever see daylight again. During this time, I've left my bedroom once, watched my kids as they went off to their first basketball games of the season and then went off to spend the night at my mom's, watched Chris install a security system in the house, and slept a lot during the days, and moaned in irritation at night. During this time, I've pretty much been alone...or at least I thought I was alone. This morning I leaned over the bed to look out the window to find Charlie lying on the floor beside my bed. He's been there the past 4 days...being the loyal dude he is. Amidst all this crap that included fears of H1N1 and dying (because I can't lie...there were a few moments the past 4 days I didn't think I was going to make it), my faithful pooch has been by my side. I've been awakened by a foot being licked as it hung over the bed, the thumping of his huge otter-like tail against the side of the bed, window, or dresser.

For those that know me, know that Charlie is my first dog in many, many years, and I've put blood, sweat, and tears into this dog. He'll be two in a couple of months, and could put more blood, sweat, and tears into him, but he's such a faithful dog...always there by my side.

No comments: