Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

January 6, 2010

jan 6th...


Today I helped in my son's 1st grade class helping them cut out snowflakes from a pattern. I've always been a firm believer that if you make the effort to be a part of your child's life, no matter what the activity, they'll succeed. So, I volunteered to help in his class every other Wednesday. At first, I thought, okay, this is great...then it started to feel a bit like a chore. I mean, really, I could be doing a thousand other things during this time. After taking a break for the holidays, my son was really excited to go back to school. His enthusiasm was inspiration enough to keep me excited about seeing him "in action" at school. There's something very special about when they're young and so innocent...especially when they still love school. It excites me when I walk into his classroom and his face lights up knowing I'm there. I love being there for him and knowing he knows that I care.

No comments: